Tilley Lighterweight LTM6 Airflo Hat
The New Tilley Airflo provides sun protection in a lighterweight construction.
Tilley Airflo designs incorporate mesh into the crown allowing coolness
and comfort during hot days or strenuous activities. Engineered from Tilley
Nylamtium®, a strong water- and mildew-resistant form of nylon. .
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Brim measurements: Front and Back: 3 1/4" Sides: 2 1/2"
- Fabric: Nylamtium®, a durable, water-repellent
- Guaranteed for life: Tilleys are replaced
free if they ever wear out, shrink or fall apart. They're so carefully
handcrafted in Canada, and made of such strong materials, that many
outlive their owners!
- Insured against loss: Tilley understands the
anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally
gnaw it. Should that happen, they'll replace your late, lamented Tilley
at half price.
- Secret Pocket: Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket
sealed with Velcro. In it, carry your Brag Tags, I.D., toilet paper(!),
license, hotel key, $10 bill (in your case a 20), plus a quarter for
an emergency phone call.
- Excellent sun protection: Tilleys fit lower
than other hats. The fabric and style of all Tilley Hats have been
certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver
an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
your comfort, they're held on by gravity, not painful pressure on your
forehead. On a hot muggy day, you'll especially appreciate this!
- Machine washable (won't shrink)
- Repels rain: Not perfectly but usually quite adequately. Happily,
the brims of the cotton-duck Tilleys actually become stiffer when they
get wet, not floppier, helping to protect your neck, face and glasses.
- Ties on in the wind: The Tilley comes with a tuckaway, adjustable,
fore 'n' aft Wind Cord. When it's calm, the Wind Cord stays hidden
in the crown. When there's a breeze, place the part with the sliding
knots behind your head. When it's windy or you're sailing, use the
chin part too.
- To protect you from the sun and rain, Tilleys fit
lower than other hats. This also tends to give one a rather dashing
- Floats: A layer of closed-cell foam in the crown, and
sometimes in the brim, provides the Tilley's positive buoyancy
Band: New sweatband fabric, Transpor® Dry Layer offers superior
moisture control technology. Perspiration slides through the inner
layer to the outer wicking layer of the fabric where it spreads and
evaporates. It will keep you cool and dry in the heat.